News Publication Date: 16 September 2020
REPRESENTATION OF THE PEOPLE ACT 1995
Douglas South By-Election 2020
Pursuant to Rule 53(2) of the Election Rules 2003 the Clerk of the Rolls has given notice that the following documents shall be available for public inspection, by prior appointment only, from Monday 21st September 2020 to Friday 23rd October 2020 between the hours of 10.00am and 4.00pm at the Public Counter, Isle of Man Courts of Justice.
The documents which are available for inspection are:
- The ballot paper accounts and the statement of rejected ballot papers and of the result of the verification of the ballot paper accounts
- The tendered votes lists, the lists of votes marked by the presiding officer and the statements relating thereto
- The packets containing marked copies of the registers and list of proxies
- The oaths of the Returning Officer, the Deputy Returning Officer, the Presiding Officers, Poll Clerks and Counting Clerks
- The nomination papers
- The applications to be treated as an absent voter
Any person wishing to inspect such documents may do so by prior appointment by contacting Lynn McMechan, Public Counter, Isle of Man Courts of Justice, Deemsters Walk, Bucks Road, Douglas. Telephone 687505.
To avoid delay, any person making an appointment is advised to identify the particular document or documents they wish to inspect.
Please note that anyone undertaking an inspection will do so under the supervision of a member of the General Registry staff. Copying or photocopying of the documents is prohibited as is the marking of any of the documents being inspected.